A flashback to my childhood where my mother had the most incredible antique miniature collection ever. So I wanted to do the same for my home. But as you can tell, I am not quite there yet. I went for the more modern look by spray painting the wooden press block holder to a crisp white. Then I used stencil paint to paint the back of some of the squares. Except it didn't really come out the way I wanted it to. Maybe it was the primary colors that I used but it just looked a like a little kids project. So after staring at it for a few months, I realized the perfect solution. So off the Michael's I went and came home with these.
Scrapbook paper! My idea was to cut it into squares to cover where I painted. Then it would bring more subtle colors, some patterns, and give it a little more grown-up look. It wasn't a bad price either with it being 5 for $20! So with a little measuring and outlining I was ready to place the paper in the squares.
I tried my favorite pattern first and knew I was just going to love it!
The best part of the project is once you have one paper cut for each size of squares, you then have a template you can trace off of and make the project go very quickly! Now, the final result!
PS - I made some slight style changes to the blog and have also added a few pages (About Me & What's The Point). I would love your feedback on the changes and any other suggestions about the blog!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment