Friday, June 8, 2012

Exciting Announcement Where You Get to Help Us Choose New...

Reader, reader, vote all about it! Yup, I am turning the tables on you and asking for your input. Eric and I recently had a very exciting trip to our home improvement store and spent quite a bit of time in the countertop section. I’m sure you remember our retro like kitchen.


Well it is about to get a facelift…well as soon as we make up our mind! The hardest decision right now is the countertop color. Big decisions like this are very hard for me. I like to second guess any major decisions that require long-time commitment in the housing area. (No Eric, I have never have second guessed you!). We have narrowed it down quite a bit. We are going with a Formica solid surface. Here are my top four favorites (both with a sample taped to our cabinets and the picture from their website:
Ebony Mosaic


Chicory Mosaic



Federal Cornerstone


Gothic Cornerstone



 
Vote for your favorite using the poll on the top, righthand side of the blog! Please give your opinion, then I will reveal our favorites!

In related exciting news, we are also going to be getting a flat top stove to replace this old guy.
We will also be getting a new sink (free with the Formica!) that is built in to the countertops. Hello seams that inevitably catch all my crumbs! As you can tell, we really need a new sink to replace our old, scratched one!


 I will keep you informed on how our progress goes. We have a meeting on Monday at 7pm to make our final decisions, so make sure to weigh-in your opinion!
Have you made any big decisions in your life that were hard to commit to? Any tips on big (permanent or semi-permanent) decisions easier?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely like Federal Cornerstone the best =) I think it will bring some brightness and lightness to the space - How exciting to be getting so many fun new upgrades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input! We decide tomorrow so stay tuned! It is very, very exciting for so many new updates. A little overwhelming too! I think I will get over that soon though!

      Delete